A tooth extraction is removing a tooth from the dental socket in the alveolar bone.
When are dental extractions performed?
- When the tooth is not restorable due to tooth decay, periodontal disease or dental trauma
- When there are impacted wisdom teeth
- When there is a need to create space for braces to straighten rest of the teeth
Treatment in our dental practice
Our dentists do simple extractions and surgical extractions. Implant screw can be placed immediately after the extraction and loaded with temporary crown to avoid missing tooth for period of time. Our specialist can also do impacted wisdom tooth extraction.
Instructions to follow for a speedy recovery after teeth extractions
- Apply an ice bag to the affected area
- Avoid rinsing or spitting forcefully for 24 hours
- Continue to brush and floss your teeth carefully
- Do not smoke for the next 2 weeks
- Eat or drink at room temperature for a week
- Relax for at least 24 hours after the extraction
- Take medications as prescribed